|A circulating library was first established in East Bloomfield in 1799.
The library was located in various community buildings until 1968 when
space was made available in the basement of the new East Bloomfield Town
Hall. The State of New York granted an official charter to the Bloomfield
Public Library in 1968.
A bequest from Lena Saxby Steele provided funds for a new library building
in 1982. After extensive research, the present site on Church Street was
purchased. The new library was dedicated to the memory of Lena Saxby Steele
on May 22, 1988.